Keene, NH – C&S Charities, Inc. is proud to announce that it donated $1.65 million to six nonprofit organizations devoted to pediatric cancer and childhood hunger issues through its 29th annual “Tee Up For Kids” charity golf outing. The outing, which was held on August 5 and 6, hosted more than 960 golfers on four courses in three states.
This year’s premium Hole-in-One sponsors were: Ahold USA, Campbell’s, Global Partners LP, Kellogg Company, Nestle Purina Petcare, Nestle USA, Oracle, O’Neill Consulting Group, RM Nephew and Associates LLC, and Ryder Integrated Logistics. Acosta Sales & Marketing, Bank of America, BI-LO/Winn-Dixie, Capstone Logistics, Groom Energy Solutions, Hyundai Translead, JP Morgan Chase, Kimberly-Clark, Mintz Levin, and Wells Fargo Bank supported the event as Eagle sponsors. In all, over 500 companies sponsored the tournament.
Donations were made to six organizations that support children:
- Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth (Lebanon, NH): $450,000 for care and treatment of children in the pediatric
- Hole in the Wall Gang Camp (Ashford, CT): $125,000 for camperships
- Jimmy Fund/Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA): $200,000 for pediatric cancer research
- Feeding America (Chicago, IL): $425,000 for the national Back Pack Program and child hunger initiatives
- Share Our Strength (Washington, DC): $400,000 for the No Kid Hungry campaign
- The Community Kitchen (Keene, NH): $50,000 toward a freezer to expand food distributions to local families.
“This golf tournament brings together like-minded business partners and customers to have fun for good causes,” said Rick Cohen, Chairman and CEO of C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. “I thank our sponsors and associates for making our event such a success year after year.”
John Walker’s 29 years of dedication to the event was recognized in a special thank you from Rick Cohen. Mr. Walker, who helped establish this event in 1985, is retiring from his event leadership role.
The next C&S Charity Golf Outing is scheduled for August 4 & 5, 2015.
About C&S Charities, Inc.
C&S Charities, Inc., established in 2010, is a New Hampshire non-profit corporation recognized under IRC § 501(c)(3). Visit www.cscharities.org to learn more.